We are smack in the middle of virus season. This is an alarming time around the globe. We want you to be as prepared as possible. The best way to get over a virus is to never catch one in the first place. Prevention is always the best medicine. Easier said than done in these stressful times. We are here to support you through this situation. You may have purchased your light therapy device to relieve pain, accelerate healing or even got it for your dog’s ACL tear or pulling your horse out of colic. We’d like to share with you what we do for virus prevention and steps you can take at home to combat this.
These are all things that we do personally to help prevent getting sick. We aren’t here to give you medical advice, and these tips are not a substitute for medical attention. We want to share what has helped us and other clients. If you do fall ill, please visit or talk to your doctor or medical professional.
I think we can all agree that we don’t want to catch a virus. To do this, minimize our exposure to viruses. If you become ill, don’t go to work and avoid the grocery store, bank, post office, gas station…. you get the point.
Secondly, if your immune system is strong, it has a better chance of combatting viruses. Here are a some of the things that have helped us:
- Illuminate Wellness Points and Anti-Viral Points with your red light therapy device.
- Wellness Points 2-3 times per week for preventative maintenance/immune boosting.
- Illuminate Anti-Viral points every other day. Rotate Wellness points one day and Anti-Viral points the next. If you don’t have time, be sure to illuminate your carotid artery for 5 minutes daily.
- Immune boost- Place on your stomach with red and infrared for 10 minutes daily-Setting 01.
- For chest congestion or pressure, place the pad over your chest area for 10 minutes as needed.
- For sinus congestion, please the pad over your face on red & infrared (use eye protection) for 10 minutes as needed.
Activating without a light therapy device
- If you don’t own a light therapy device, these points can be stimulated through pressure, acupuncture, or essential oils.
- Avoid sugar. Naturally occurring sugars, in fruit for example, are good for your body. Eating or drinking too much added sugar curbs immune system cells that attack bacteria. This effect lasts for several hours after consuming sugary drinks or treats.
- Consume more Vitamin D. We like to do this with either a supplement or naturally through food. Some foods rich in Vitamin D that we like are: milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt, orange juice and fish. A deficiency in Vitamin D has been associated with increased autoimmunity, so we always try to up our intake during sick season!
- Oil up! A few of our favorite essential oils we found beneficial are: Eucalyptus Globus, Frankincense and Lavender. Eucalyptus Globus and Frankincense have
anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Lavender is a great soothing oil. We typically diffuse these oils or rub a couple drops on the bottoms of our feet.
While getting sick is an inevitable part of life, we believe with the right tools, you can ward off illnesses and prevent it. These tips have helped us stay healthy this sick-season, and we hope that you experience the same.
Enter your email address below to download our free Anti-Viral and Wellness Point charts.